An extension of Temple’s Student Success programs in Philadelphia, the new Academic Support Center provides study resources to the entire TUR student community.
Our most popular program is the Writing Center, where a TUR faculty member is available to provide feedback on written work. We offer help for all genres of writing, including academic research papers, cover letters, resumes, and creative projects. Academic Coaching is also available, a service meant to improve students’ time management and study skills.
All Academic Support Services are held in the Library Annex. You may stop by unannounced during our drop-in hours, or make an appointment in advance. Sessions last 20-30 minutes and students without appointments are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
DROP-IN HOURS FOR FALL 2018 END-OF-TERM
Thursday, 6 Dec. 3 – 5 PM
Sunday, 9 Dec. 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Monday, 10 Dec. 12:30 – 2:30 PM or by appointment
Tuesday, 11 Dec. 11:30 – 1:30 PM or by appointment
Wednesday, 12 Dec. 11:30 – 1:30 PM or by appointment
MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Please complete the online form to make your appointment.
Appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance to ensure confirmation.
ABOUT THE STAFF
Academic Support Coordinator
Originally from Harrison, NY, AJ Fitzgerald first came to Italy in 2016 as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant. Before coming to Temple, Fitzgerald worked for the Civitella Ranieri Foundation, an international artist residency in Umbertide, Umbria.
Holding degrees in both Physics (B.A. 2011 – Brown University) and English (M.A. 2015 – University of California, Davis), Fitzgerald’s creative/research interests lie at the intersection of STEM and the humanities: the relationships between science, science policy, literature and other creative media, as well as the socio-cultural impacts of advancements in science and technology.
As Academic Support Coordinator, Fitzgerald works directly with students in the Writing Center, and helps develop new study support programs and resources at Temple Rome. As Faculty, Fitzgerald teaches ENG 0802: Analytical Reading & Writing, as well as a University Seminar for TREY students.
Fitzgerald has been working in the Academic Support Center since September 2018.
- Resources for Library Research are available here: https://library-temple-edu.libproxy.temple.edu/#tab6
- Resources for Writing include on-site support and online resources
- Resources for Engineering Students are available via the T/A’s assigned to the classes, In Spring 2019:
- Resources for Fox Business Courses can be accessed at https://www.fox.temple.edu/advising/students/tutoring/ this includes some online support for MSOM 3101. Additionally, there are videos posted which support almost every topic covered at FOX, access the Fox Video Vault here https://www.fox.temple.edu/vault/ and search by course-topic
- Resources for Math students can be accessed at https://www.temple.edu/class/programs/stem/tutoring.html