An extension of Temple’s Student Success programs in Philadelphia, the new Academic Support Center is proud to provide support services and study resources to the entire community at Temple University Rome.
Take a look below for more details regarding the services offered:
- Writing Tutoring: Direct support from a Temple Rome faculty member for your writing assignments, at any stage of the writing process. Whether you’re struggling to brainstorm ideas, make an outline, or revise a rough draft, the Academic Support Center staff can help you reach your full potential. Don’t wait until the last minute to come in – remember that early support is often the best support!
- Research Consultations: We can help with more than just grammar, syntax, and style! Whether you’re preparing a term paper or an in-class presentation, we can help you locate, contextualize and cite the right primary and secondary sources for your research project.
- Resume, Cover Letter and/or Personal Statement Review: Whether you’re applying for an internship, scholarship, job, or even graduate admission, the Academic Support Center can help you put forth the strongest possible application.
- Course-Specific Tutoring: Though availability of this service is currently limited, occasionally we can provide course-specific tutoring for introductory level STEM courses held at Temple Rome. If we are unable to accommodate your request, we will do our best to connect you with relevant online services/resources from main campus.
- Study Coach: Effective study and time management skills are more important than ever in the age of online learning. If you’re struggling to keep up with your workload, we can help put together a custom study plan to get you back on track!
The Academic Support Center is located in the Library Annex, at the back of the Temple Rome Library.
Appointment Availability for Spring 2021
All Academic Support Center sessions will be held by appointment only for the duration of the Spring 2021 semester.
Appointments are generally available on the following days/times:
Monday / Wednesday 3 – 6 PM CET (Rome Time)
Tuesday / Thursday 1 – 4 PM CET (Rome Time)
Can’t make any of the times listed above? Please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
In addition to in-person appointments and online meetings via ZOOM, it is also possible to request feedback via e-mail. If you choose this option, your submission will be reviewed and returned within 2-4 business days. If you have an urgent deadline, consider booking a Zoom or in-person appointment instead.
MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Please complete the form below to book your online appointment. Though last-minute requests can sometimes be accommodated on a case-by-case basis, appointments booked via the online form should be made at least 30 minutes in advance to ensure confirmation. If you’re booking a special appointment via e-mail, please allow at least 24 hours for your request to be processed.
MEET THE STAFF
Academic Support Center Coordinator, Writing Specialist
As Coordinator of the Academic Support Center, Fitzgerald works directly with the Chief Academic Officer, faculty, and students to develop new study support programs and resources at Temple Rome. With 5+ years of experience in international education and writing pedagogy, Fitzgerald believes strongly that the value of written communication skills transcends national, cultural, linguistic and disciplinary boundaries.
Originally from Harrison, NY, AJ Fitzgerald first came to Italy in 2016 as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant. Before coming to Temple Rome, Fitzgerald worked for the Civitella Ranieri Foundation, an international arts residency program in Umbertide, Umbria.
Holding degrees in both Physics (B.A. 2011 – Brown University) and English (M.A. 2015 – University of California, Davis), Fitzgerald’s creative/research interests lie at the intersection of STEM and the humanities: the relationships between science, science policy, literature and other creative media, as well as the socio-cultural impacts of advancements in science and technology.
Fitzgerald has been working in the role of Academic Support Center Coordinator since September 2018.
ADDITIONAL ON-CAMPUS RESOURCES
ITALIAN HELP DESK
Temple Rome is pleased to collaborate with Istituto Gregorio VII, a nearby private university for interpreters and translators. Their students participate in Italian language courses as TAs and offer individual Italian tutoring to Temple Rome students.
For more information, please visit the Italian Help Desk page.
- You can search the entire TU Library catalog online (link here), including Temple Rome’s local holdings and a vast array of online journals.
- The TU Library maintains an extensive archive of research guides organized by subject. Browse research guides at this link
- Online peer tutoring sessions for MSOM 3101 are held weekly via WebEx. In Spring 2019, the most accessible session for TUR students meets every Tuesday from 5 – 9 PM CET (11 AM – 3 PM EST). Click here for more information.
- The Fox Video Vault contains educational videos on nearly every topic covered during your undergraduate business education. You can search the Vault’s catalog by course or topic at this link.
- Preparing for an exam in math or chemistry? The Student Success Center posts problem sets, solutions and instructional videos for select courses. To access these materials, click here.
- Can’t make the Writing Center’s Open Hours here in Rome? Try making a virtual appointment with the Student Success Center on Main Campus. Appointments last 45-50 minutes and can be made online here. Appointments must be made at least 24h in advance.
- Struggling to properly format your citations / Works Cited page? The Academic Support Center recommends Purdue OWL’s formatting and style guides.
- Additional study and writing tips, guidelines, and resources can be found on the Student Success Center’s Resources page.