Live and Study in Two World-Class Cities
Temple Rome Entry Year Program provides you with the unique opportunity to earn your degree from a top-tier university while immersing yourself in two of the most sought-out cities in the world– Rome and Philadelphia. With both campuses located in the heart of their respective cities, Temple Rome Entry Year exposes you to all of the history and culture that these cities have to offer through a hands-on learning experience.
BEGIN your undergraduate studies with a unique one-year experience at Temple’s beautiful Rome Campus that will give you a fresh global perspective.
- Take classes in the heart of European history. The campus is located in the Villa Caproni on the banks the Tiber River and close to the historic city center.
- Surround yourself with art and architecture and explore a new culture and language.
- Meet people from all over the world!
- Get 24/7 access to supportive and individualized staff.
- Choose from nearly 70 degree programs that start in Rome, with topics ranging from business to social sciences to visual arts.
- Learn first-hand about the contemporary political, economic and social issues facing Italy, Europe, and the world today.
- Live in a city with easy and affordable access to the rest of Europe.
- Get a fresh global perspective and discover what it means to truly be a global citizen.
COMPLETE the remaining three years of your Bachelor’s degree at Temple’s Main Campus in Philadelphia at a top-tier, urban public research university
- Choose from more than 140 academic programs
- Access boundless opportunities for student internships, study abroad and research
- Live in Philadelphia, the birthplace of American history, and an international center of art and culture. Enjoy world-class museums, performance venues and more than 3,600 murals across the city
- Take advantage or Temple’s first-class facilities from a 24-hour Tech Center to a new state-of-the-art library
Study with students from nearly 130 countries.
- Get the support you need at Temple’s Student Success Center, the university’s Tuttleman Counseling Center and at Student Health Services.
- Benefit from Temple’s convenient location, two hours from New York City, three hours from Washington, D.C. and an hour and a half from the beaches of New Jersey and the Pennsylvania mountains
- Appreciate vibrant outdoor spaces year-round, such as Fairmount Park, one of the largest urban parks in the U.S.
Participate in one of Temple’s 300+ student clubs, activities and organizations
- Become a fan of Temple collegial sports–football and basketball—or play on one of Temple’s intramural teams like baseball or soccer
1. ABOUT ROME ENTRY
3. STUDENT LIFE
5. REQUEST MORE INFO
Temple University provides students with the tools they need for not only a dynamic education, but also to help them gain experiences that they wouldn’t find elsewhere. From providing unique opportunities to be immersed in the community to hands-on access to helpful resources to shape their futures, Temple students transform into global citizens who stand apart from their peers.
- A chance to be part of one of the longest-standing and most prestigious American study abroad programs in Italy–Temple Rome (founded in 1966)
- Small class sizes and a nurturing environment
- An immersive experience abroad
- An easy transition from high school to college
- Affordable tuition and housing – Ranked among the 100 Best Values in Public Colleges by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance in 2011
- A degree from a prestigious, globally recognized institutions (Temple University) or for students who wish to continue in Italy, Università Europea
- An experiential learning lab for a range of issues affecting contemporary Italy and Europe
- A partnership with Università Europea to provide options for students who choose to continue studying in Italy
- Connection to a large alumni network from the overall university (more than 316,000 alumni) and from Temple Rome (more than 12,000 alumni)
- Internships in Rome and in the U.S.
- Study abroad options in over 80 countries around the world!
TUITION AND AFFORDABILITY
“Provide students with access to a high-quality education.” It’s a commitment that has stood firm at Temple University for more than 130 years and one to which we adhere today.
Ranked among the 100 Best Values in Public Colleges by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance in 2011, we offer you the best of both worlds: the benefits of a world-class research university, paired with affordable tuition and fees of a public university.
At Temple, our goal is to make it financially possible for every qualified applicant to enroll, so we may continue to build the talented and diverse student community for which we are known.
Tuition for the first year in Rome is $16,700 (all student fees included).*
The Temple shared apartment at the residence is $9,600 for the academic year.
*Tuition figures are based on 2018-2019 rates and may change based on 2019-2020 rates.
Temple offers:Merit-based scholarships
- How much: Ranges from $5,000 to full tuition
- Deadline: Feb 1st for application, May 1st for tuition deposit
- The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship at Temple University recognizes promising international students with a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. Temple will select two first-year students to receive an annual, renewable scholarship of $20,000 beginning in the fall 2019 semester. Learn more.
- How much: $20,000/year
- Deadline: Application: Dec 15 Deposit: May 1
GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon benefits for eligible military families
- “The benefit is designed to help servicemembers and eligible veterans and their families cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. The GI Bill has several programs and each is administered differently — depending on a person’s eligibility and duty status.” (military.com)
- How much: Varies–Up to full tuition depending on your eligibility
- Deadline: May vary depending on military status
Work study or on-campus jobs
- “Federal Work Study allows a student to earn money in a bi-weekly paycheck to help cover non-billable educational expenses. There are job opportunities working within your college or campus, university office, or at an off-campus, nonprofit organization.” (sfs.temple.edu)
- How much: Varies based on FAFSA report/individual need
- Deadline: N/A
Payment plans that help students and families manage tuition bills
- Students are able to space out their payments or participate in a deferred payment plan if unable to pay their entire bill at one time
**All awards are subject to change based on availability for the academic year. Be sure to consult with the specific eligibility requirements and deadlines for each scholarship that you are applying for.
Make the World Your Classroom…
Temple Rome’s educational philosophy centers on experiential, on-site learning which uses Rome, Italy and Europe as its classroom, laboratory and studio. Whether you study Political Science, Art History or Visual Art, Sustainability, Engineering or Business, your learning at Temple Rome will be enhanced with site visits and excursions around Rome and beyond, prominent guest speakers, and grappling in a hands-on manner with pressing cultural, political, artistic, scientific and economic issues of our time.
- Naples, Pompeii, Terracino, and Sperlonga
Course: Ancient Roman Historians, Roman History
Course: Topics in 20th Century: The Art of Fascism in Rome
Courses: Immigration, Race, and Identity in Contemporary Italy & Contemporary Politics in Europe
Make it Happen
Become a part of Temple’s worldwide network.
Own your future with Temple’s Career Center. Explore what options you have, create your brand, find relevant work experience, and make your path with the help from Career Center staff both online or in person.
Did you know that 90% of Temple students found the Career Center helpful in finding a job or internship and 92% of Temple students are employed within 2 years of graduation? (niche.com)
Get connected with Temple’s network of over 320,000 alumni. You never know where you will meet another Temple Owl and where they can take you!
Where Can Temple Take You? (Study Abroad)
Study abroad in over 80 countries around the world!
LIST OF MAJORS
Fox School of Business and Management
Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
Human Resource Management
International Business Administration
Management Information Systems
Risk Management & Insurance
Statistical Science and Data Analytics
Supply Chain Management
College of Liberal Arts
- Africology and African American Studies
Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
Geography & Urban Studies
Lew Klein College of Media and Communication
- Advertising and Public Relations
Communication & Social Influence
Media Studies and Production
School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Sport & Recreation Management
Bachelor of Science in Tourism & Hospitality Management
College of Education
- Adult & Organizational Development
Human Development and Community Engagement
Tyler School of Art
- Art History
The safety and wellness of all of our students is a constant priority. At Temple, our staff puts an emphasis on providing students with tools to create a healthy and balanced lifestyle while also staying safe on and around campus.
Some of our resources include:
- Mental and physical health support
- Staff on-call for emergencies
- Security officers located in university buildings
- Arrival support
- Activities to acclimate students to college life
- Active International Student Association
- Conversation partners for language help
- Student Success Center
- Academic Resource Center
LIFE AT TEMPLE
Whether you’re into sports, art, food, music, or anything else you can think of, Temple has a place for YOU.Sports
As a Division 1 university, Temple has many collegiate teams including American football, Soccer, Volleyball and more!
Temple offers club teams in sports like Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Rugby and more!
Throughout the year, Temple Recreation hosts various intramural tournaments such as soccer, basketball, and flag football. Clubs
Choose from over 450 clubs and organizations around campus! Here are just a few to get you started: Diamond Dogs Club, Over 40 Fraternities and Sororities, International Business Association, Italian Club, OwlCapella, Photography Club, Yoga Club… Events
The college experience is about learning outside the classroom, too. With Temple Rome, you can try new things and meet new people from all over the world!
Tiramisu Extravaganza, Gallery Openings, Calcetto Nights, Cooking Classes
HOUSING AT TEMPLE ROME CAMPUS
Students of the Rome Entry Year program can choose to live in Residential housing with other Temple students or in a Homestay as guests of an Italian family, during their freshman year in Rome
- Residence Candia
Apartment-style rooms with private bathroom and kitchenette
Convenient access to campus and the city center
Access to rooftop terraces and other outdoor common spaces
Laundry facilities on site
Fresh linens and light cleaning services provided every week
Front desk staff available 24/7
On-call student life staff for emergencies
Live with Italians in their home
Be immersed in the language and Roman culture
Enjoy home cooked meals
Live in a residential neighborhood that not all tourists experience
HOUSING AT TEMPLE MAIN CAMPUS
- Variety of room layouts including communal living, suite style and apartment style
Convenient access to Center City Philadelphia
Located on campus, close to dining halls and academic buildings
On-call Resident Assistants for emergencies and lockouts
Lounges and common areas for meeting up with friends or studying
Students can choose to live in Living Learning Communities based on their interests
Events and programs planned and facilitated by residential life staff
Students can choose to participate in gender-inclusive housing
Multiple dining options on campus including 2 buffets and 2 food court style dining halls
Housing available for all four years
- Official Secondary School Transcripts: Required from each school you have attended.
- Standardized Tests: Temple accepts SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE results.* *Temple Option may be available for some applicants
- Recommendation Letter: At least one recommendation letter is required. Teachers, counselors, and other academic officials can best describe your talents.
2. Submit your application at admissions.temple.edu
3. Notify the Temple Rome campus of your intention to join the Temple Rome Entry Year program by emailing email@example.com
4. Submit your tuition deposit to reserve your place
Dates to Remember:
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Deposit Deadline: May 1, 2019
Arrival/Orientation: August 28, 2019
First Day of Classes: September 3, 2019
Website and Contact
Phone: +39 06-3202808
Fax: +39 06-3236459
Address: Lungotevere Arnaldo da Brescia 15, 00196 Rome
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: Temple Rome Entry Year Program
YouTube: Temple Rome